If we’re going by momentum you’ve got to favour SWISH in this one. SWISH is playing better basketball and kept things competitive with the top team in the league last week while The Investment Academy has struggled to put together a full 44 minutes of good basketball all season long. The Investment Academy has been hit with the injury bug and hope to build some type of momentum going into the post season while SWISH has turned it on and are looking a lot better with their new acquisitions.
A few weeks ago I would say absolutely no chance Box Out can compete with Grind Time, but today, I have to say it’s anyone’s ball game. Box Out is playing much better basketball since the addition of Rahul De’Golder. De’Golder is averaging 15.5 PPG since the trade which has helped them stay competitive in their last 2 games. De'Golder will take on his former team for the first time since the trade. If at full strength I think Box Out has a chance and wildly enough, a W would put them only 1 game behind Grind Time. For Grind Time, let’s be real, the schedule has been no joke in the last 2 weeks of games. They played the undefeated What’s Luv and the nearly undefeated Unruly. This is a chance for Grind Time to make a statement and lock up the 3rd seed. With Unruly playing What’s Luv it also gives them a chance to make up ground.
Well this is the game we’ve been waiting for. What’s Luv has been the “Golden State” of the league while Unruly quietly put together 4 straight wins to keep pace with What’s Luv. A win for Unruly could put them into first place depending on margin of victory. Let’s breakdown what needs to happen for each team to get a W.
- Force turnovers = Easy buckets – What’s Luv is at their best when they’re playing hardnose defense and getting easy buckets in transition
- Attack the glass – Despite Unruly’s size, What’s Luv is a better rebounding team. Get those 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities.
- Bench - With no more Bobby coming off the bench they don’t have that instant offense. Someone’s going to have to pick that up.
- Contest the three ball – What’s Luv can create seperation with their outside shooting. Stay close and contest.
- Ball Movement – It’s been a huge reason for their success. 19 assists last week with Bongolan recording 7 and Mirza with 4.
- Defense! – It’s really going to come down to defense. They’ve got to challenge everything and keep What’s Luv to one and done.
The last time these two played What’s Luv was at full strength while Unruly was missing 3 players. If at full strength, Unruly will have Bongolan, Mirza and Osbourne to help this time around. That’s two bigs and a very impactful PG. What’s Luv is coming off their “worst game” last week so I’m sure they’re motivated to play their best basketball on Monday. What’s Luv can clinch 1st with a W which will give them a week of rest for the 1st Round of the playoffs.